Sunday, April 15, 2012

How I came to Fantasy [Addendum]


herocomplex.latimes.com (c)
Unlike most writers who were brought to fantasy by way of Tolkien, I was only lucky enough to have seen the animated version of "The Hobbit" and "The Return of the King".

I am a late bloomer to Tolkien, having read him in my early twenties. Instead, those who brought me to fantasy in the way of wanting to write it has to go to Hans Christian Anderson, Aesop, and the Brothers Grimm, as well as various mythologies.

Actually, I can pinpoint wanting to write fantasy in 10th grade by way of Weis' and Hickman's "Death Gate Cycle" (Please read. Your mind will be blown at the 2nd-3rd book in this groundbreaking series).
ebookstore.sony.com (c)

Later, I fell in love with David Eddings'*(Please read my April 2021 Post titled 'Our Heroes Are Actually Monster) "Belgariad", further solidifying my resolve.

handeebks.mybigcommerce.com (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Expect With My Main Couple...

Yanina and Peter are an interracial couple.  She is white and first/second-generation Eastern-European American.  He is Black and multiple-g...