Monday, April 11, 2016

Author's Note in my journals

In many journals, when I need to take a step back and look at my writing with an objective eye, I will title 'Author's Note'.

Initially penning these feels completely self-indulgence. But when I don't read these 'notes' for a while, it's when I realize the gem of understanding about why I wrote it in the first place.

Here is an example. Written on July 27, 2011:
There are too many personal stories to be told. Everyone has a story to tell: a private history(lesson). This book may take 3 books, I'll see.
Look at that: I always said 'Stacey's Story' would be only one book, + I was right. If I only focused on her. But once I began revealing Slash's story too, then the floodgates opened, + everyone needed to tell their story.
-End of journal entry

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Expect With My Main Couple...

Yanina and Peter are an interracial couple.  She is white and first/second-generation Eastern-European American.  He is Black and multiple-g...