Saturday, October 26, 2019

NaNoWriMo is coming up!

I will be NaNo Rebelling. No, I'm not turning against National Novel Writing Month! Far from it. What being a NaNo Rebel means is I will use the month to work on writing that's not a novel. 

I'm actually going to do what Comic Mix calls Oct/Nov months as NaGraNoWriMo or National Graphic Novel Writing Month. I will be posting progress about the "Summer to Winter" story on social media. I've also been researching where to market this comic once I have at least the beginnings of the series, and yes, it WILL be a series.

There are some literary journals and webcomic platforms I'm looking into. Also, I'm using November to focus on how to compile my Inktober works and once I figure it out,  I will let you know.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...