Saturday, April 14, 2012

Science Fiction discovery

"Andre Norton" (c) Rudysbooks.com

NOTE: Originally written in June 25, 2002. Changes are in brackets.

(c) Herbsandheirlooms.com
SF discovered me in sixth grade with [Ms.] Andre Norton's "Warlock of the Witch World".










I later read the entire series of Bruce Coville's "My Teacher is an Alien". Man, I loved those books! It really opened my mind to what I liked about aliens!
"My Teacher is an Alien" series (c) Gizmodo.com
"Bruce Coville" (c) Stephen D. Cannerelli

Earlier, from 4th grade, I wrote a series on my own version of [the] Superman [story], a tale that continued into my first years [in] Community College.

Later, [...] I am now in my mid-[thirties], I decided to discard much of what I thought were my best ideas and reinvented myself, changing ideas into concrete stories.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...