Friday, November 11, 2011

How writing morphs

The ideas are coming... Have some new ones for the fantasy-cyperpunk 2-part, the science-fantasy, and a new beginning and set-up for the marine-biology/oceanography.

I'm sorry I sound like a demented publisher, talking in Genre-speak, but I realized I compressed and created limits to these alternating views. Why do I say this?

Well, one story deals with guardian angels being a part of regular life. Another deals with goblins at war, while the third with several species trying to fix climatic catastrophes to their world - and the different/opposing solutions implemented.

Each of these ideas may need a style change tune-up. Even their length and how I format them cannot be the same.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...