Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"'Slash' and Stacey" by Carmen K. Welsh (c)

Here are my main protagonists: 'Slash' and Stacey.

My gangster is in typical Summer Chic fashion. All he needs - & he will get it in the final draft - is a porkpie hat! (That's the straw hat with black band men wore during the summer months & visiting South America in those days).

My girl-next-door is in the summer suits women often wore during the work-week. Notice her clutch bag and skull cap (typical of women's hats during the 1920s-1930s).

I enjoyed drawing Stacey's saddle shoes. I had a pink & white pair as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Expect With My Main Couple...

Yanina and Peter are an interracial couple.  She is white and first/second-generation Eastern-European American.  He is Black and multiple-g...