Tuesday, February 14, 2012

'Slash in a pensive mood' & 'Love ya, Baby!' sketches

"Slash Castellano in a pensive mood" & "Love ya, Baby!"

The above images are titled 'Slash Castellano in a pensive mood' & 'Love ya, Baby!'.

I apologize for the light quality. The next pics after SHOULD be easier to view (especially since some will be inked).

On the left is my titular character, smoking and deep in thought. This is a gesture drawing as I tried to capture the light ash dripping from the cigarette.

On the right is my female protagonist with the same male character 'canoodling' (Their word, not mine!). Do some folks still use this term?

Let me know what you think. More to come this week!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...