Sunday, June 30, 2013

I'm back (and hopefully better than before)!

Over a week back from Tampa and I feel both elated and exhaustion. This March, I learned I was accepted into a graduate program, April, I was making preparations - on travel/school supplies - and by May, I was crossing my legs and fingers for my first term at the university.
Let's just say it was a blast! For those following me on Facebook, I have been posting a series of photos highlighting my adventures. However, there is a particular set of pictures that are near and dear to me. It was when our class trekked to the school's museum. In the rear were classrooms where a professor gave a presentation on the history of the printing press. Fascinating!! My classmates and I traveled a block or two to the university press' headquarters. In the next posts, I will show images of machines that helped in our becoming a literary country in the vast history of publishing. I hope you will enjoy.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...