Friday, August 29, 2014

The Long & Short of It

How about reading for pleasure? Again? In the midst of trying to tie down the novel-in-progress, I've noticed that the imagination is being fired in other directions.
I will be changing my job-schedule dramatically this semester. Not only to have more time and concentrate on the grad work and keep on deadline but to evaluate where I want my writing career to go.
After all the hooplah of beginning an MFA program, I find myself already in my third term -- two more terms! -- before I graduate. This has posed a new dilemma for me: do I begin a career hunt or do I step up what I am doing now or do I veer off the beaten path to continue seeking different writing adventures? I'm kind of leaning on the first and third scenarios. There are projects I MUST work on, ideas that have come to fruition, and a community of like-minded people that I can lean on and count on to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Let's see what adventures lie ahead!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...