Friday, October 17, 2014

An Artist in the World

Though it's a start, it's not enough, but it IS a start and it took them long enough, to see more interracial couples on commercials and advertising.

It's also fair to say that, though there could be more, I'm seeing more diversity and multiculturalism on TV and in media. And because such topics are near and dear to me, I present diverse and multicultural characters within my own stories. Within my art.

To those who think this is a trend... This is no agenda. Neither political or religious or a pet for the corporate world which I loathe.

It is life and what I see in my world. And the more I live, it's the more I want to see in my chosen media.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...