Saturday, December 19, 2015

My main characters - In color pencils

Remember I had to give my female protagonist a new look? Well, I did some months ago. Now, I wanted to take her look up a notch. 
Stacey
Here is Stacey done in that painterly style trendy during the late '20s and early '30s. 

Castellano
Back to my favorite medium - color pencils - and Prismacolor, one of my favorite art companies. I used no graphite pencils, no inking. Just a soft light use of color pencil for sketching and outline.

Here is Castellano also done in the same style. Both characters are now available on  CopperSphinx on Deviant ART ! 

*Both edited & cleaned up by the use of PhotoShop Elements on my Deviant Art profile page*


Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...