Author Lois Duncan died yesterday at the age of 82. Her books changed me while I was in sixth grade and I read her all during middle school. My first book from her "A Gift of Magic" (6th grade summer school) made a world of psychic phenomenon so real and powerful that I stopped feeling alone. It's still such an important book I bought a library copy some weeks ago. Once in middle school, I read other Duncan books, including the phenomenal "Killing Mr.Griffin". The title 'queen of teen suspense' is right! Long live the queen! I will be posting more about Ms. Duncan.
Inspiring other artists/writers. Enlightening readers/viewers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Influences and Inspirations!
Just off my chest about #RepresentationMatters! There is a hashtag going around social media until it's expanded to Netflix keywords un...
-
Several years after my dad's passing, I finally fulfilled my promise to him to repair our family's set of JOURNEYS THROUGH BOOKLANDS...
-
After seeing Whoopi spoken over and dismissed on The View, it galls me folks still want Black women's help. Whoopi's experience IS N...
-
I am a fan of Ms. Tabitha [If you have not watched her on YouTube, check out TabithaSpeaksPolitics and subscribe]! I am a first-gen Jamaica...
No comments:
Post a Comment