Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Facebook post - Aug. 14, 2014[Addendum]

While watching "Dragon Dynasty" (2006) on the SyFy Channel, I realized how much I miss David Eddings*(Please read my April 2021 Post titled 'Our Heroes Are Actually Monster).

I always enjoyed racially and ethnically diverse epic fantasy, and the "Belgariad" was all that and more. That series changed my life! How much did it make an impact? The same as what other fantasy writers say about Tolkien.

Eddings* even wrote some titles with his wife. When Leigh Eddings(wife)*(Please read my April 2021 Post titled 'Our Heroes Are Actually Monster) died, he died shortly after.

I'll always feel a debt to an author that I know I could never pay back.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...