Sunday, January 6, 2019

Just a story I saw on TV years ago

There's a story my parents and I saw from the BBC channel.

This rural English boy kept telling his folks that a fox was sleeping in his bed with him. The parents thought he was making up stories until they set up a camera.

Every night, like clockwork, a wild fox would come through the doggy door in the kitchen and walk past the family dog, who didn't make a fuss, ignore the boy's brother's room, go straight into his room, crawl into his bed, sleep with him and, before dawn, would leave.

The parents thought this extraordinary. My own parents did too, especially my dad, who believed the boy might grow into someone important. Very profound story. I would love to know what happened with that kid.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...