Tuesday, July 11, 2023

From the Twitterverse

NOTE: I don't know what the future holds for Twitter, but, despite how h3llish it's been for others, and I know, there have been many cr@ppy and horrific moments for me too, the platform has been a boon for my writing life, and in more recent years, my artwork. I met many individuals, coalitions, organizations, advocacy groups, and publishing industry pros I admire and respect. I also learned about and was able to support Black and brown creators and small businesses. I learned to online network more, how to be self-confident, and trust in my voice. Yes, a social media platform did that for me. 

Since I don't know what will happen, I'll be posting handfuls of some favorite tweets. 

Below are some posts from when I was in my MFA graduate program (links are still active):

This is my 2nd #PaulAuster - "Mr. Vertigo" is devilishly fun and feels like #RayBradbury on speed. #requiredreading #gradwork
1:37 PM · Feb 4, 2014

Opinion: I am a beneficiary of chain migration -
#immigration - This article written by a fellow #MFA alum! 
11:36 PM · Jan 19, 2018

D@mn, I found my #MFA #thesis! #furry
9:53 PM · Aug 28, 2019

Why This #Poet Says There Is No 'Single Story Spun On A Single Tongue' - Poet Dr. #EricaDawson was the #director of my #MFA program when I graduated!! She was on the #PBSNewshour this Monday!! Sweeeeeet😍🤩💖 #StarstruckandProud #BlackWomen
pbs.org
Why this poet says there is no 'single story spun on a single tongue'
2:17 AM · Feb 16, 2019

Year of Champions: Thanks to #TinaIsaacs, local #writers know they are never alone - THIS IS ONE OF MY FRIENDS FROM MY #MFA #WRITING PROGRAM!! #Malaysia 

9:35 PM · Jan 1, 2018

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...