A coworker's first words to me about this sketch (paraphrased): "Aww..She feels so safe in his arms. He looks so strong, as though he will protect her always."
That statement stuck with me.
When my coworker said that, it gave me new appreciation for this rough sketch.
Oftentimes, artists, we meet people who GET IT. Who GET our art. Who GET our meaning, what we were trying to say in a particular piece.
Since I write other stories besides this WIP, I have my favorites. These two, since I envisioned them in 6th grade Summer School (it seems I thought up a lot of stuff in Summer School!), are one of my favorite couples!
Inspiring other artists/writers. Enlightening readers/viewers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Influences and Inspirations!
Just off my chest about #RepresentationMatters! There is a hashtag going around social media until it's expanded to Netflix keywords un...
-
Several years after my dad's passing, I finally fulfilled my promise to him to repair our family's set of JOURNEYS THROUGH BOOKLANDS...
-
After seeing Whoopi spoken over and dismissed on The View, it galls me folks still want Black women's help. Whoopi's experience IS N...
-
I am a fan of Ms. Tabitha [If you have not watched her on YouTube, check out TabithaSpeaksPolitics and subscribe]! I am a first-gen Jamaica...

No comments:
Post a Comment