Friday, March 25, 2016

New phone, new chapter

For anyone who knows me, I am a total tech geek - especially for what it says on my Twitter profile - and revel in using technology to its fullest. But I am in no way a trailblazer or pioneer, trying to bring new concepts into existence. 
Rather, I am that technical person who will learn about a software/hardware inside out, understand how it must be upgraded somewhat, and then use the HECK outta it! I will become fiercely loyal to that particular update, version, and refuse to change it in any way because I become so comfortable with the way the tech is. 

My mother laughed when my last cellphone died on me because, unlike other people, friends, a certain sibling, I don't lose my phones, I don't shatter their screens, drop accidentally in toilets, etc. As a matter of fact, when I bring in previous phones to get the upgrades, sales clerks often express awe that my phones are in pristine shape, almost as the day I purchased/contracted it!

Why I was laughed at is because I do EVERYTHING on my cellphones. From the moment I changed my Nokia to a Sony Ericsson, and discovered WAP (the earliest internet connection for phones), I have used my next Sony Ericssons, Samsungs, LGs, and even this HTC to type stories, blog, film short videos at cultural events, network, participate in forums, surveys, done market research, update blogs, synch with desktops and netbooks so I could continue my web designing projects, etc. 

And did I mention NOTES!? Ever since students at the college where I work introduced me to a certain note app, I've been a beast! I can actually say that the Samsung that died and this HTC literally helped me through graduate school! When I'm at work, and my mom, who's retired, negotiates phone deals for me, she has to go down the list of all the things I do with my phone to the customer representatives. 

Right now, I'm in a bit of a dilemma: this phone needs an upgrade but my provider no longer gives upgrades, rather, one must purchase a phone all together. Yet, the problem does not really remain on price, but, more so on what type of phone a crazed tweeter, blogger, writer, and author can use?

I'm still doing research on this, but please, if any of you dear readers have any suggestions, please, please, as many of my favorite YouTube celebrities would say: leave your comments in the box below, and happy reading, writing, and drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What To Expect With My Main Couple...

Yanina and Peter are an interracial couple.  She is white and first/second-generation Eastern-European American.  He is Black and multiple-g...