I'm a college lab tutor and so my students are from FOOHS (Fresh out of high school) to their 50s.
Many of my early 20s-30s students tell me how their families harass them for being 'nerdy' and preferring to: read manga/comics, watch anime/cartoons, and even *gasp* dare I say it? Play video games!
My students confide in me and when I hear these laments over and over, I get irate. There are so many temptations in this world.
I asked a student why were her parents so angry at her for staying in on a Friday night? And for staying in to read MANGA!
As a late teens to early thirties, there are so many temptations in this world, so many bad things to be involved in. One can be addicted to drugs, sex, alcohol, or even run away to join a cult! Instead, one's LARPing? Playing D&D, doing podcasting...
And these aren't considered by parents and guardians to be the healthier alternatives!? I'm confused.
Inspiring other artists/writers. Enlightening readers/viewers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Influences and Inspirations!
Just off my chest about #RepresentationMatters! There is a hashtag going around social media until it's expanded to Netflix keywords un...
-
Several years after my dad's passing, I finally fulfilled my promise to him to repair our family's set of JOURNEYS THROUGH BOOKLANDS...
-
After seeing Whoopi spoken over and dismissed on The View, it galls me folks still want Black women's help. Whoopi's experience IS N...
-
I am a fan of Ms. Tabitha [If you have not watched her on YouTube, check out TabithaSpeaksPolitics and subscribe]! I am a first-gen Jamaica...
No comments:
Post a Comment