Saturday, April 1, 2017

WOW - It's All Fools Day!

Happy April Fools Day, Dear Readers!

If you got pranked today, I am sorry, but if it was harmless, and all in good fun... Then, that is the spirit in which it is given!

As a child, I hated this day, especially when being in school because of the bullies' ideas about what was a 'harmless prank'. I also don't believe in 'mean jokes' or such things such as 'somebody died' or 'someone's in the hospital'. There's way too many instances of such events happening and so I don't see these as REAL jokes.

However, as an adult, the day's sense of fun has returned. I have played some harmless tricks on my students that has them embarrassed that they got had. And, of course, the best response from others is when they can laugh at themselves.

Hope this day finds you all in good spirits and good humor, and most importantly, prank safely and friendly!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...