Monday, December 18, 2017

World-building shouldn't be this hard... But it is

3 hours ago...
Time to continue my series' bible now that I unearthed my big blue journal! This huge notebook has a special place in my heart. Bought it from Borders Books back in 2002 when there was still a superstore in the next city.

3 hours ago...
Retyping my feline vocabulary from the language I made for my cat characters and putting them into alphabetical order because I'm crazy like that.

1 hour ago...
So those cat languages I wrote down eons ago were three language systems: runes, pictographs, & hieroglyphs... Am researching to re-tool all over again. *Weeping*

50 minutes ago...
Using up my mom's Epson printer ink. Gotta switch off. And why use HER'S? Oh, that's right, because for some STUPID REASON, my HP Officejet 4630 printer no longer has the capabilities of working via wi-fi! Not cool, Hewlett-Packard. Not cool.

Eureka!
These languages were based on Egyptian hieroglyphs, Phoenician alphabet, and Celtic runes... Thank God I remember the actual systems.

8 minutes ago...
Ok... Tired. Last day of work this week. I've jotted my language notes and will begin to craft (or draft?) these words into their written systems, beginning with the vocabulary I have typed so far from series' bible. And I still need to outline some scenes from same feline story! Kill me now.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...