Friday, November 1, 2019

I Finished INKTOBER 2019

The last day for Inktober was yesterday, Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, or Samhain... And I feel--incredibly sad. 

I'm not sure why, but since I started to participate with Inktober 2016, this was my first year following the prompts. One year, I just drew what I wanted. 

Another year, I practiced urban and interior settings by doing progressions: one day for pencils, the next day, inks, and the third day of the piece would be coloring. 

But now, with the final being a totally cartoonish piece and the last day, I think I grow more as an artist every Inktober. 

This year is particularly poignant because I'm working on outlines and clear goals for where I want to take my writings and my art. From sibling's suggestions, to parent's encouragement, as well as a random stranger on Twitter, I beginning to get a sense of what I want to present to the world as well as how to market it. 

I have had better luck with my writings and how that may go but I have often struggled with my artwork, which has actually been longer with me than the writing. 

Perhaps I'm so close to it that I felt I couldn't release it. And perhaps that's the reason I'm feeling bittersweet... It's time. I finally know what I must do. 

NOTE: As with everything, I will update on website, blogs, and other social media platforms I'm on. And, as always, take care Dear Readers.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...