Wednesday, August 30, 2023

My Webcomic Title Cards and Front Covers

Since it's September, and there's a lot of social media choices I've been making to get the webcomic ready for its debut on its own page, I wanted to mention a few things.

My Ko-fi has updates.

My DeviantArt is finally being updated! Go check it out!

And I have a Tumblr blog *specifically* for the webcomic while still maintaining the Instagram page as its unpolished version and companion to the DeviantArt account.

I'm also working on a variety of 12 art pieces now designated to become title cards and front covers for the webcomic.

Check out below some of what I've done so far...
*Progressions on IG later*

Here is what I am calling the 'blue and green' front cover.
I start with cutting out the original title and pasting it into its own file so I can create a speech bubble in its place. 

I decided to remove my signature as it will be hard for folks to read. More on that in another post!

 I copy/paste back the title in this heart-shaped speech bubble from Yanina. I'm changing Dunlop's stance to look a little more upset.

Here's what I had so far. I also found the exact color to full in the title bubble's tail. I still have the signature I'll completely remove. Since Yanina is 'speaking' the title, I'll have Dunlop 'speak' my name.

Here is the near-finished cover! I hope you like it as much as I do. I outlined both speech bubbles. Completely bulked up Dunlop. Overlaid his and Yanina's school uniforms with some green. I touched up Yanina's hair and fixed her stocking legs. Here, she's 17 (& about to graduate from HS) and grew some after being skinny all her life. 

Hope you enjoyed this progression post! Take care, dear readers!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...