Sunday, October 8, 2023

Tumblr is now SUMMER TO WINTER the Comic's Official Home

Now SUMMER TO WINTER has a home. And I have a reason for using Tumblr again. The platform has gone through major policy changes (a few I disagree with) and it has better control of its interface and there are now more options.


 

Which is why I chose the Miracle Gro (r) theme, of all things, because this template has different seasonal looks and I remembered to update the comic's interface to Fall! Also, it was an obvious choice for a webcomic named after a seasonal poem the protagonist wrote as a teen.

SUMMER TO WINTER is my first official webcomic and it needed its own home site. 

There are practical reasons why many webcomics have official sites or personal links. 

Even though a webcomic will be on other platforms for higher visibility and to give wider access to more readers, having an official home means it will always be there in case platforms disappear, accounts are removed, or corporations close down, the creator['s'] personal site has/have all/most of the control.

Which is why when I decided to go back to my Tumblr account after 9 YEARS(! Whoa), I was happy I had not deleted it.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...