Tuesday, October 17, 2023

A Twitter thread I made

Will not forget being at a Catholic university & taking one of the prerequisite religion courses, an emphasis on Catholic liturgy & the Church calender. Taught by a monk.

Our instructor, not in cassock but in plainclothes, who knew I was a fellow southpaw, said that in the Last Days, the righteous will be on the right hand of G-d, but he didn't know what would happen to both of us since we would be at His left hand.

I cracked up. The rest of the room, all right-handers, were offended & asked me after class why I wasn't. I told my classmates the joke was funny & to lighten up. 

The monk apologized to me after class, but I said, "Brother ---" that I loved the joke & I was happy to meet another left-hander, since I knew so few over the years.

Kinda sad that people can't even make fun of themselves without other folks being offended. & you want to know the craziest thing? Most times, those same easily-offended people WON'T BE OFFENDED BY ACTUAL OFFENSIVE THINGS.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...