Monday, February 18, 2013

Doobi-Doobie Doo...

As I am preparing for my next posts about two fabulous authors (both are inspirations), I will leave you a list of my favorite cartoons in the meantime.

Think of this as Intermission.

*NOTE: These cartoons were paramount to my development as an artist and how I tell stories, so, like they say, "Don't knock it 'til you try it!"
The list is not in specific order. Also, my memories can only go so far. If I am incorrect anywhere in this list, especially referring to the LEGEND KEY, then please let me know!
Some of these cartoons are from the early 1980s (Yes, gasp in horror you 90s and 21st people!)*

LEGEND: **Cartoon off the air
$Cartoon in syndication on some cable network
$$Cartoon based on a franchise toy
^^Cartoon remade to modern version

** Wildfire
**$$ The Popples
** The Wuzzles
** Shirt Tails
** The Get-Along Gang
** Dungeons and Dragons
** The Paw Paw Bears
** The Biskitts
** Disney's The Gummi Bears
** Bionic Six
** Beverly Hills Teens
** CBS's Storybook
**(UK) Danger Mouse
** The Kwicky Koala Show
** Lady Lovelylocks and the Pixietales
** The Littles
**(Classic anime)The Mysterious Cities of Gold
^^$$ My Little Pony 'n' Friends (Remake: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
** Foofur
** The Snorks
$ Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats
**(Classic anime) Mapletown
**$$ Monchichis
** The Pink Panther and Sons
^^$$ Pound Puppies (Remake: Pound Puppies)
**$$ Rubik the Amazing Cube
^^ Thundercats (Remake: Thundercats --> Anime version!!)
** Thundarr the Barbarian

If you remember ANY of these cartoons, let me know and we'll reminisce!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...