Sunday, September 23, 2018

Originally planned for posting on 2/1/2016

I don't know what took me so long to read my SFBC short story collection by deceased author Zenna Henderson! It's been a while since I read a short story that made me go to bed with a smile!

I wanted to write a blog about Henderson's "People" series. The closest I can think of to her work is Bradbury's "Martian Chronicles". That sort of homespun alien science fiction that often takes place in rural communities and their effects out on the United States countryside.

I had a plan to read many classic SF stuff, as well as to read the new stuff by people of color and women.

More on this wonderful late SF legend on a future post - With photos!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...