Thursday, November 1, 2018

#BW = Hashtag Black Women

I don't know about you, but I'm lovin' all these new stories when otherworldly beings fall in love with wonderfully Black women protagonists! 

Some examples (and please, that means READ THEM. They're GOOOOD): Talia Hibbert's Mating with the Huntress (Novel-BW/Werewolf) 

Plastic Bottru's Oh My Intern (Webtoon-BW/Demon)

As well as my own take (BW/Alien)

We just weren't the romantic interests in most genres and media, much less when the story is speculative-fiction. If our own kind didn't want us, neither did it seem the men/women from out of myth and space, either.😒 

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...