Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Sorry I've been MIA

I'm usually very creative during my birthday month, but a lot happened earlier this year, the good, the bad, and the ugly, so I'm playing catch up with a major room cleaning and overhaul. I also need to update lots of paperwork and documents.

Writing one small scene for comic. May just upload about 5-10 pages again to my Instagram. Just want folks to know a new art piece post is up on IG: handdrawnbycarmenjr. 

My technique for this webcomic draft series: I draw the comic strictly in pen, NO PENCIL, and on dot grid paper! I tried all the expensive comic book paper out there to no avail. Couldn't get past a first chapter. Took me months to complete a scene! 

Spent so much on pencils, illustrator pens, special markers, etc. Kept changing the style of the comic since about 2011(probably earlier than this, but I can't remember).

Now I buy in bulk art pens and dual-tip markers from FiveBelow and mechanical pencils from Dollar Tree. I also found a cartoon style that makes my life easier and gives the comic its unique look. It takes me on about a week to complete a 5-10 page draft!

And using my digital display tablet and laptop free art software to edit and make the comic better for readers!

Will chat again! Take care, Dear Readers.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...