Sunday, August 21, 2022

You know, it's okay...

These past few months have been stressful with a lot to do. Which is why I haven't uploaded my website's new live version. I also need to update my DeviantArt as well. But I'm also working on pet projects I had put aside for years only to realize how far behind I am in my personal creative life. So, I'm going to post some verses below for anyone who's either feeling stuck, overwhelmed, or lost in their own Artist Life:

You know, it's okay to quit.
(That project that's not going anywhere? Yes, that.)
You know it's okay to start over.
(With your career, with old ideas, with new ideas, with a different pathway. It's okay.)
You know. It's okay to rest. 
(To take those naps. To detach for a bit. No one owes all your time. No one owes you all the time. Only you owe you.)
You know it's okay. 
(To recharge oneself. To 'flip the script'. To reinvent how you want to be.)
You Do know it's all okay, right?
(To change. To remain the same in some things. To be stable. To be kinetic. All of it is okay.)

Now to continue my work. Thank you for today, Dear Readers.

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...