Saturday, March 9, 2024

Let's Hope for Better And More In 2024

Sorry I have been MIA... A lot going on but I still want to keep this blog going.

First, still dealing with house issues: insects, cracks, and my mother had to terminate at least two contracts, one dealing with clearing out the vents. 

Had to give up my web host as their costs became even more expensive. 

Next, still trying to working from home as my health has gotten even more unpredictable. 

Because of my 2022 medical emergency, I had to put off things to set up for my freelancing. 

That meant putting off watching virtual and online classes to teach myself new art software and illustrator applications - I couldn't sit up for long periods and I stopped sleeping in my bedroom.

After all this, I needed to change my health insurance.

I also couldn't set up a new website. Plus, I was still debating which hosting companies to use.

I also ended up getting stiffed by a webhost company that did not even have the common decency to have their call times and days on their website, the host never even answered my question about logging in.

I went off on them in an email and they had the nerve to send me the WHOIS registry rules (which I already know as my previous website was 15 years online!) and nothing else! 

I will be dissing them online. 

Now here are some good news: SUMMER TO WINTER the webcomic is now official on my old Tumblr account! I created a secondary blog to host the webcomic. Soon, when I have my website, I might migrate it.

Summer to Winter is also on ComicFury, a longstanding webcomic hosting cooperative I learned about on YouTube

It is also on GlobalComix, a comic platform that showcases independent comics, small publisher, large publisher, and self-published comics! They also have a YouTube channel and offer workshops as well as podcasts and articles about their company and the comic industry. 

So, my webcomic is in good hands!

I will be uploading an episode per month. Sorry, this is my speed for now. Who knows how much faster or slower I will be in the future?

Summer to Winter already has five episodes up and an upcoming special for the March month!

See you in the next post, Dear Readers!

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...