Sunday, June 26, 2022

Happy Pride Month 2022!

This is the first Pride Month I'm celebrating by posting characters from my SUMMER TO WINTER cast who are part of the LGBTQIAP2S community.

So many attacks against Transgender folks, so many anti-trans bills, and other hate bills against thr LGBTQ community in recent years. 

To give some happiness and joy in these moments, and for my own mental health, I decided to use Pride Month as the impetus to work on more of my comic's cast and in color since the comic may be in black and white.

As promised, while these illustrations are being posted on my Twitter and Instagram, all Pride artwork will be made available on this blog! 

Since officially beginning the comic back in 2018, some of these characters have either popped up, been mentioned, or have been scripted in my comic journals for further/future side stories.

All these characters ARE canonical to the story and most will become involved in their own love stories. SUMMER TO WINTER is a romantic comedy after all! 

Representation is a gift

When I began SUMMER TO WINTER, I noticed more than one brown or Black reader and/or friend asked if (Peter) Dunlop is Black.  The relief and...